Emergency work in the Flood Plain

For those living in the Floodplain -Immediately following a disaster, an Emergency Notification needs to be sent to the Floodplain Administrator describing any emergency work done in the floodplain. Initiation of a Floodplain Permit is required within 30 days of the Emergency Notification. 

  • For the 2022 spring flood, an Emergency Notification can be found here.
  • A Floodplain Permit for and additional resources can be found under the DNRC’s Floodplain Regulation resources, or by reaching out to the Floodplain Administrator.
    • Carbon County – Page Dringman 406-932-5470, sgplanning@itstriangle.com
    • City of Red Lodge – Courtney Long – 828-384-3748 or clong@cityofredlodge.com
    • Fromberg Clerk – clerk@fromberg-mt.com
    • Carbon County Conservation District: 406-962-3641 Ext 115 or via cell 406-930-5441
    • Carbon County website to access Emergency Notification Form: https://co.carbon.mt.us/departments/floodplain/ 
    • Farm Service Agency in Joliet: 406-962-3300
    • Natural Resource Conservation Service: 406-962-3641